Ketamine has been used for decades in medicine as a sedative and pain reliever. In recent years, it has gained popularity as a treatment for depression and other mental health conditions, administered through intravenous infusion.
SeeBeyond Medicine provides Ketamine Infusion Therapy as a safe and effective treatment for patients struggling with depression, anxiety, PTSD, and chronic pain. Our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to improving the quality of life for those who have not found relief through other traditional treatments.
Contact us today to get your free consultation!
What is Ketamine Infusion Therapy?
Ketamine infusion therapy involves the administration of ketamine through an intravenous drip. Patients receive a series of six treatments, each lasting about an hour, over the course of two to three weeks. The treatment is conducted in a medical setting under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
How Does Ketamine Infusion Therapy Work?
Ketamine works by blocking the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor in the brain, increasing the release of neurotransmitters like glutamate and BDNF. This process leads to an increase in synapse formation, which is believed to be helpful in treating depression and other mood disorders.
What Conditions Can Ketamine Infusion Therapy Help Treat?
Chronic Pain Conditions
Ketamine infusion therapy’s ability to block NMDA receptors in the brain and spinal cord reduces the perception of pain. This makes it an effective pain management treatment for chronic pain conditions such as neuropathic pain and complex regional pain syndrome.
- Neuropathic Pain – is pain that affects the nerves, causing shooting, tingling, or burning pain. Ketamine therapy helps by activating opioid receptors, reducing pain sensations, blocking some sodium and potassium channels, and increasing the amount of GABA in the brain.
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome – is a painful neurological condition that can be challenging to treat. Ketamine infusion therapy is a last resort treatment for CRPS when pain relievers, nerve blocks, physical therapy, and neuromodulation don’t help.
Mental Health Conditions
Ketamine infusion therapy is a viable treatment option for individuals who have failed to respond to traditional antidepressant medications or other treatments. By blocking NMDA receptors, mood and symptoms of depression, anxiety, and other mental health disorders are reduced and regulated.
Ketamin Infusion Therapy is found to be helpful in treating various mental health disorders such as:
- Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Severe Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
What are the Benefits of Ketamine Infusion Therapy?
Ketamine infusion therapy has been shown to have a faster onset of action compared to traditional antidepressants, which can take weeks to start working. Other benefits of Ketamine Infusion Therapy include:
- Effective Relief of Symptoms. Ketamin Infusion Therapy provides rapid and significant relief for patients with chronic pain conditions and mental health disorders.
- Fast-Acting. Ketamine infusion therapy can provide relief of symptoms within hours or days of treatment.
- Non-Addictive. Ketamine is not addictive and does not produce the same type of dependency as other pain medications or substances.
- Safe. Ketamine Infusion Therapy is considered safe with minimal side effects, ensuring that it is administered in a controlled medical setting by a qualified healthcare practitioner.
The Treatment Process
What are the Risks of Ketamine Infusion Therapy?
Ketamine infusion therapy may cause side effects like nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and confusion. It may also cause temporary increases in blood pressure and heart rate.
What to Expect During Ketamine Infusion Therapy?
Before starting ketamine infusion therapy, patients will undergo a medical evaluation to ensure they are good candidates for the treatment. During the treatment, patients will be hooked up to an IV and monitored closely by our medical practitioner. The effects of ketamine can be felt within minutes of starting the infusion, lasting for a few hours after its completion.
Who is a Good Candidate for Ketamine Infusion Therapy?
Ketamine infusion therapy may be a good option for patients who have not responded to traditional antidepressants or other mood disorder treatments. It may also be helpful for patients who need a faster onset of action due to severe symptoms.
How to Prepare for Ketamine Infusion Therapy?
Patients should speak with our healthcare practitioner about any medications they are taking and follow any pre-treatment instructions provided. It is also important to arrange for transportation to and from the treatment facility, as patients may feel drowsy or disoriented after the treatment.
Why Choose SeeBeyond Medicine for Your Ketamine Infusion Therapy
If you’re seeking relief from chronic pain or mental health conditions and are considering ketamine infusion therapy, SeeBeyond Medicine can help. Here’s why you should work with us:
- Experienced Providers: Our providers have extensive experience in ketamine infusion therapy and are trained to administer the treatment safely and effectively.
- Personalized Treatment Plans: We work with each patient to develop a personalized treatment plan that is tailored to their specific condition and symptoms.
- Mobile IV Services: If you’re unable to come to our office for your ketamine infusion therapy, we also offer mobile IV services. This allows us to administer the treatment in the comfort of your own home or another location of your choosing. Get in touch with us for more information or follow these steps.
Don’t let chronic pain or mental health conditions hold you back any longer. Contact SeeBeyond Medicine today to learn more about how ketamine infusion therapy can help you find relief and improve your quality of life.